Sunday, June 21, 2009

Flashback...

It has been almost a year since I wrote for this blog. It’s not that I didn’t have any idea pushing itself out of me. But my life was swirling in whirlwinds so strong that things went more of their own than my way. Last semester was really a very busy one. Eventful also. From the very starting I was required to devote into things like preparations for Exchange, Applying for Summer Internships, Grooming my CV with all types of Nonsense things which a person might not even possess or like to possess. And not to mention my curricular studies. I don’t need to prove to anybody that 4th semester of Electrical Engineering at IIT Delhi is the most pissing one. It was somewhat definitely for me. With 27.5 credits (codis) in hand, including a lab and a project course. And if you are unlucky enough to get Professors (EEL 203) like those I had then you better don’t keep any false hopes.

But I never said that I didn’t enjoy my time. How can one shun away with POLTU. And that too when you are the core member. Poltu is like a horse-riding competition can be enjoyed the most when you play with it (pun intended). But when you get in the race and that too without knowing which horse will you ride, it really becomes painful (Hell Down Under). That was the case for me initially. But finally just in time, I was saved. I got selected for the Exchange program to France. I will give more details later. But for now, this was the most splendid feeling I had ever had in my life. For two reasons, First being that I was among those 25 lucky and special ones who get to spend their one semester overseas in France, Europe. WOW. Now this doesn’t need any explanation isn’t it? Europe, the most beautiful place to have a break, and that too with your friends for 4 months! But the second reason was a more personal one and a bit mean too (those very close to me in Poltu will understand). Now since I was going next year I was not a candidate for any post in upcoming elections!!! And as I responsible part of this fraternity, I was just to sit and think and rally for others. It was so great an experience. Sitting late in nights, in rooms packed with 9-10 others, deciding over nothing, but still serious issues. It was not very fruitful though. We lost all the Internal Elections. But we IITians are fighter till the core, till end. There were external elections left. And just on the count support of 0.3 we managed AIC G.Sec and one RCA Secy. Congos. This was not at all a free lunch if anyone is have false notions developing. It took a lot of planning, sentiaps with personal contacts and yeah, a friend in need is a friend indeed. Soon the dust settled, but like seasons, the things will repeat definitely. I learnt a lot from all the events, about true human nature, reading others mind and making strategies and risk management etc. But what I gained was friendship. And a very important lesson. No rather two. One, that you always win a heart by having a helping hand ready for someone and a giving him a cosy reaction. Second, If you don’t work hard, you get screwed. Yup. I screwed my CGPA.

That was not solely because of poltu, that I didn’t study, but also because I had too much of something and couldn’t handle it. Yeah a very painful experience. Like all, I was also crazy to go for a foreign internship in upcoming summers (that are going on now, and I am in India HEHE ). And luckily unlike others I got one too. And that too a nice one in University of Illinois. But One can’t have Laddus in both hands. Because of my Exchange to France I was forced to stay here, in delhi, scorched with heat, to learn a stupid funny language- French. So I had to drop my intern. But it didn’t go as easily as It goes here. For whole of the month of April and sometimes even later, I could be found scratching my head thinking of whether to opt for Exchange or Intern along with my fellow buddy Upadhayay ji, having a similar case as mine. We imagined all stupid things also to go for both. Why shouldn’t we, when we had got a chance. Now I was really too much obsessed and too much afraid to make a wrong decision. Hence I kept on thinking and thinking ever, in class in my hostel, everywhere. Even today I know it at some corner of my heart that it was really a very stupid thing for me to do as there was actually no decision to be made. I had already made one deep inside me. I chose exchange. But see, that’s me! Any ways I must advise all that one must never think too much and just go on with your conscious as it’s hopefully always right.
Well, that’s enough of writing for this one post. And I am finally really content now with whatever I have and wherever I am, and am looking forward to a really joyful period ahead in France and after. It’s quite possible that after reading this you all must have felt like kicking me for telling all this boring story. But excuse me. This was not mandatory to be read. This was really special for me and it is my blog so I will post whatever I like. I can never forget those days of preparing for Exchange selection, Internship applications, Poltu, Decisions, Friends, Upadhayay ji, Prof. Kale, our Deepansh Choudhary sahib from Canada.
OHHH.. I MUST NOT START ALL OVER AGAIN….

5 comments:

  1. hmm... a "core party member". Looks like the next year's poltu season will see you rising among the ranks, calling the big shots :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i feel like taking a break from poltu now. But you never know.
    Nothing is certain. Only this uncertainty is certain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear from you... This year, I expect you to write some articles at least...(Be it on the even semester)....

    I wasn't bored reading your story...Sometimes we can express personal emotions and yeah you're right it just feels good inside you whether someone else reads it/ comments on it or whatever...

    Cheers,
    Rohan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pic and the two guys jinko tune cover karne ki puri koshish ki hai!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @rhishabh: dubey ko khushi ke aansu aa rahe the, isliye mere peeche chup gaya.
    aur do nahin teen hain... tiwari ko dhakka bhi maine hi maara hai

    ReplyDelete